- Flamin’ Dick celebrates the golden years of rock-n-roll
- ‘The Odd Couple’ turns 50
- Library explores the FAQs around ‘Exploring Human Origins’ exhibit
- Eight-year-old boy creates Monkees video, gets nod from Micky Dolenz
- A belly full of laughter: EPAC presents ‘Monty Python’s Spamalot’
- Trolley’n for brews
- Pretzel Fest: twisted fun for everyone
- Armed Forces Day swing dance
- Ephrata Police caution on new smoking rules
- Pretzel Fest will feature 13 tasting stations
Betty Gensemer, Berkshire retiree
Betty Marie Gensemer, 85, of Denver, passed away Wednesday, Sept. 21, 2011 at Ephrata Manor.
She was born in Wernersville to the late Clinton and Mary (Eckenroth) Hoppman and was the wife of the late Paul A. Gensemer.
Betty was a member of member of Swamp Christian Fellowship. She was an avid Phillies fan and enjoyed playing cards. Betty worked in the pairing department of Berkshire Knitting Mills until her retirement.
She is survived by her brother: Charles E., husband of Shirley (Hornberger) Hoppman, of Denver; six nieces and nephews: Beth A. Fetter, of Stevens; Mark Hoppman, of Ephrata; Lisa Ferry, of Denver; Robert Barto, of Bernville; Eric Phillips, of Clay; and Charlotte Preese, of Maryland; and a sister in law: Ruth Phillips, of Clay.
In addition to her husband, she was preceded in death by a nephew: Dion Hoppman.
Her funeral service was held on Sept. 27 at the Swamp Christian Fellowship Church, Reinholds, with Pastor Craig Snow officiating. Interment took place in the Swamp Cemetery in West Cocalico Township.
If desired, memorial contributions in Betty’s memory may be made to American Diabetes Association, 3544 N. Progress Ave., Suite 202, Harrisburg, PA 17110.
Arrangements were made by Roseboro Stradling Funeral & Cremation Services Inc., Denver. Online condolences can be given at roseborostradling.com.