- Eight-year-old boy creates Monkees video, gets nod from Micky Dolenz
- A belly full of laughter: EPAC presents ‘Monty Python’s Spamalot’
- Trolley’n for brews
- Pretzel Fest: twisted fun for everyone
- Armed Forces Day swing dance
- Ephrata Police caution on new smoking rules
- Pretzel Fest will feature 13 tasting stations
- A sure sign of summer: Denver finalizes community pool plans
- Spam a little for ‘Spamalot’
- Family ‘Owl’bum
Betty Jane Goshert, 79, formerly of Reinholds, long-time babysitter, F&M worker, nature lover
Betty Jane Goshert, 79, of Reading, formerly of Reinholds, passed away Friday, July 18, 2014, at Reading Hospital & Medical Center.
She was born in Hopeland, daughter to the late Amos W. and Mabel M. (Heberling) Landis and was the wife of the late Walter C. Goshert who died in 1983.
Betty was of the Lutheran Faith. She enjoyed nature, the mountains, deer collectibles, and especially enjoyed family and children. Betty worked as a babysitter for many families over the years, and was employed at the F & M Hat Factory in Denver in the early years.
Betty is survived by a son: Dale C. Goshert; a brother: Richard, husband of Evelyn Hehnley Landis of Ephrata; and a sister: Vera, wife of Chester M. Sweigart of Denver.
In addition to her parents and husband she was preceded in death by two sisters: Mary Jane Lash and Louella Shreiner Becker; five brothers: Paul, LeRoy, Amos Jr., Luther, and Ralph Landis; and eight step-brothers and sisters.
Funeral services and interment will be private at the convenience of the family.
Arrangements by Roseboro Stradling Funeral & Cremation Services, Inc., Denver. Online condolences can be given at roseborostradling.com.