- Warwick grad producing ‘Million Dollar Quartet’ at Dutch Apple
- Hello (again), Dolly!
- ‘Hello, Dolly!’ opens Thursday at EPAC
- ‘Somewhereville Station’ revisits the 50s and 60s
- St. Patty’s musical at Ephrata Main
- Dance, concert will benefit Jamaica missions
- Happy Anniver5ary, St. Boniface!
- Downtown diversity
- Travelogue will explore Colorado River this Saturday
- Cool lineup!
Betty Jane Smith, 82, former Stillwater Pond owner
Betty Jane Smith, 82, of Ephrata, passed away unexpectedly Monday, Nov.19, 2012, at her residence.
She was born in Akron to the late Charles and Edna (Parmer) Buchen and was the wife of the late W. Merle Smith.
She was an elementary school teacher in Rohrerstown until 1962. In the 1970s, Betty and her husband were the owners of Stillwater Pond in Lebanon County. She enjoyed shopping, movies, reading and spending time with her family. She was a warm, loving person.
Betty is survived by a son: Lowell, husband of Kathy Smith of Lebanon; two daughters: Lori Smith of Elizabethtown and Lisa Smith of Reading; two grandchildren: Kristen and Aaron.
Services were held Nov. 23 at Stradling Funeral Home, Akron, with Rev. Alex Alvarez officiating. Interment followed in the Heller’s Cemetery, Upper Leacock Township. In lieu of flowers, memorial contributions in Betty ‘s memory may be made to Independent Church in India, PO Box 238, Fredericksburg, PA 17026.
Online condolences can be given at stradlingfuneralhome.com.
Arrangements by Stradling Funeral Homes, Inc., Akron/Ephrata.