- Flamin’ Dick celebrates the golden years of rock-n-roll
- ‘The Odd Couple’ turns 50
- Library explores the FAQs around ‘Exploring Human Origins’ exhibit
- Eight-year-old boy creates Monkees video, gets nod from Micky Dolenz
- A belly full of laughter: EPAC presents ‘Monty Python’s Spamalot’
- Trolley’n for brews
- Pretzel Fest: twisted fun for everyone
- Armed Forces Day swing dance
- Ephrata Police caution on new smoking rules
- Pretzel Fest will feature 13 tasting stations
Betty Kilefner, 82, formerly of Akron
Betty J. Kilefner, 82, of Lititz, formerly of Akron, passed away Monday, August 1, 2011 at the United Zion Home.
She was born in Hebron, Lebanon County, to the late Norman and Edna (Daub) Newman.
Betty was a member of the First United Methodist Church, Ephrata.
She is survived by a son: Russell E., husband of Le Ann (Strohl) Kilefner, of Reamstown; two daughters: Karen S., wife of Ricky L. Moyer, of Ephrata; and Susan M., wife of Jeffrey Lynn Spotts, of Townend, Del.; and seven grandchildren: Zachary, Nathaniel, Andrew, Bret, Emily, Ryan and Kyle.
Funeral services were held at the Stradling Funeral Home, Akron, with Rev. Walter Carter officiating. Interment took place in the Mt. Zion Evangelical Cemetery, Akron.
Arrangements were made by Stradling Funeral Homes, Inc., Akron/Ephrata. Online condolences can be given at stradlingfuneralhome.com.