- Flamin’ Dick celebrates the golden years of rock-n-roll
- ‘The Odd Couple’ turns 50
- Library explores the FAQs around ‘Exploring Human Origins’ exhibit
- Eight-year-old boy creates Monkees video, gets nod from Micky Dolenz
- A belly full of laughter: EPAC presents ‘Monty Python’s Spamalot’
- Trolley’n for brews
- Pretzel Fest: twisted fun for everyone
- Armed Forces Day swing dance
- Ephrata Police caution on new smoking rules
- Pretzel Fest will feature 13 tasting stations
Betty L. CarlÃ©e, EHS grad, singer, attended Juilliard
Betty L. CarlÃ©e, nee Hauenstein, of Pleasant View Retirement Community, Manheim, died Monday, March 25, 2013. Born in 1921 and raised in Ephrata, she was the wife of Bernardus A. CarlÃ©e for 60 years. She is survived by a daughter: Adrienne L CarlÃ©e of Charlottesville, Va.; and a son: Oliver W. CarlÃ©e of Paradise.
After graduating from Ephrata High School in 1939, Betty attended Juilliard School of Music in New York City. She performed with the Lancaster Opera Workshop, was a member of the Ephrata Cloister Choir, and over the years was engaged in other various musical and choral activities in Lancaster.
In lieu of flowers, please consider a memorial contribution to Hospice & Community Care, 685 Good Drive, P.O. Box 4125, Lancaster, PA 17604.
To send condolences to the family please visit hetrickbitner.com or visit us on Facebook.