- Warwick grad producing ‘Million Dollar Quartet’ at Dutch Apple
- Hello (again), Dolly!
- ‘Hello, Dolly!’ opens Thursday at EPAC
- ‘Somewhereville Station’ revisits the 50s and 60s
- St. Patty’s musical at Ephrata Main
- Dance, concert will benefit Jamaica missions
- Happy Anniver5ary, St. Boniface!
- Downtown diversity
- Travelogue will explore Colorado River this Saturday
- Cool lineup!
Betty Shue, 76, co-owner of local disposal service
Betty J. Shue, 76, of Denver, went to be with her Lord Tuesday, Aug. 14, 2012 after a brief illness.
Betty’s husband of 52 years, the late William L. Shue, passed away in 2008.
Betty was born in Lancaster, daughter of the late Ira and Miriam Vogel. She was a member of Reamstown Church of God and, along with her husband, owned and operated William Shue Disposal Service for 33 years.
She is survived by a son: William J. Shue Jr., husband of Kelly (Hemling) Shue, of Denver; two daughters: Deborah, wife of Jeffrey Seiz, of Reinholds; and Donna Shue, of Ephrata; seven grandchildren; two step-grandchildren; three great-grandchildren; and five step-great-grandchildren.
In addition to her husband and parents, Betty was preceded in death by her brother: Gerald Vogel.
Funeral services were held on Aug. 17 at Paul L. Gravenor Home For Funerals with the Rev. Arthur T. Karick officiating. Place of interment was East Petersburg Mennonite Cemetery.
Donations in Betty’s memory may be directed to Hospice & Community Care, P.O. Box 4125, Lancaster, PA 17604 (formerly Hospice of Lancaster County).
To offer condolences, visit gravenorhomeforfunerals.com.