- Flamin’ Dick celebrates the golden years of rock-n-roll
- ‘The Odd Couple’ turns 50
- Library explores the FAQs around ‘Exploring Human Origins’ exhibit
- Eight-year-old boy creates Monkees video, gets nod from Micky Dolenz
- A belly full of laughter: EPAC presents ‘Monty Python’s Spamalot’
- Trolley’n for brews
- Pretzel Fest: twisted fun for everyone
- Armed Forces Day swing dance
- Ephrata Police caution on new smoking rules
- Pretzel Fest will feature 13 tasting stations
Billy Crawshaw, vet, Ford New Holland inspector
Billy G. Crawshaw, 78, of New Holland, passed away Wednesday, Sept. 21, 2011 at Denver Nursing Home.
He was born in Las Animas, Colo., to the late Arthur and Thelma (Merriman) Crawshaw and was the husband of Eleanor L. Crawshaw.
Billy served in the Korean War with the Navy on the USS Wisconsin. He was a former member of Reinholds VFW and New Holland American Legion. An inspector for Ford New Holland, he retired in 1991 after working there 36 years. After retirement, he worked at Manheim Auto Auction.
Surviving in addition to his wife are two daughters: Nancy Snyder, of Birdsboro; and Sally, wife of Michael Hackman, of Ephrata; six grandchildren: Mitchell Snyder, Vincent Snyder, Heidi Crawshaw, Jeremy Hackman, Laura Hackman and Shaun Hackman; eight great-grandchildren; and a sister: Doris E. Branch, of Tigard, Ore.
He was preceded in death by a son: David Crawshaw, who died in 1986; and a sister: Judy K. Thomas.
A private funeral will be held at the convenience of the family with interment in the Cedar Hill Cemetery.
If desired, memorial contributions in Billy’s memory may be made to Humane League of Lancaster County, 2195 Lincoln Highway East, Lancaster, PA 17602.
Arrangements are being made by Stradling Funeral Homes Inc., Akron/Ephrata. Online condolences can be given at stradlingfuneralhome.com.