- Eight-year-old boy creates Monkees video, gets nod from Micky Dolenz
- A belly full of laughter: EPAC presents ‘Monty Python’s Spamalot’
- Trolley’n for brews
- Pretzel Fest: twisted fun for everyone
- Armed Forces Day swing dance
- Ephrata Police caution on new smoking rules
- Pretzel Fest will feature 13 tasting stations
- A sure sign of summer: Denver finalizes community pool plans
- Spam a little for ‘Spamalot’
- Family ‘Owl’bum
Blanche Weber, 91, Akron Elementary, VFW worker
Blanche Lucille Weber, 91, of Lititz, entered peacefully into eternity Monday, March 12, 2012 at Pleasant View Retirement Community in Manheim.
Born in Ephrata, she was the daughter of the late Harvey ‘Pete’ and Mary (Gassert) Mentzer. She was married to the late Barton Weber who died in 1992.
She was a lifelong member of Bethany United Church of Christ in Ephrata. A 1939 graduate of the Ephrata High School, she worked in food service for 25 years at the Ephrata VFW and the Akron Elementary School. After retirement she enjoyed traveling with her husband and friends.
Blanche is survived by sons: Peter, husband of Pearla (Ayala) Weber, of Santa Clarita, Calif.; and Tim, husband of Kay (Mumma) Weber, of Lititz; a sister: Romaine Mentzer, of Willow Valley; six grandchildren; and two great-grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by her brothers: Russell and Lee Mentzer; and a sister: Sarah Ann Kotzman.
The family would like to thank the caregivers at Pleasant View for the kindness shown to Blanche.
Her funeral services were held March 17 at Stradling Funeral Home, Ephrata, with Chaplain Lee Damon officiating. Interment will follow in the Groffdale Mennonite Cemetery.
Memorial contributions in Blanche’s memory may be made to Pleasantview Retirement Community, Endowment Fund, 544 North Penryn Road, Manheim, PA 17545.
Arrangements were made by Stradling Funeral Homes Inc., Akron/Ephrata. Online condolences can be given at stradlingfuneralhome.com.