- Flamin’ Dick celebrates the golden years of rock-n-roll
- ‘The Odd Couple’ turns 50
- Library explores the FAQs around ‘Exploring Human Origins’ exhibit
- Eight-year-old boy creates Monkees video, gets nod from Micky Dolenz
- A belly full of laughter: EPAC presents ‘Monty Python’s Spamalot’
- Trolley’n for brews
- Pretzel Fest: twisted fun for everyone
- Armed Forces Day swing dance
- Ephrata Police caution on new smoking rules
- Pretzel Fest will feature 13 tasting stations
C. Robert Zimmerman, vet, long-time fireman, lineman
C. Robert "Zim" Zimmerman, 84, of Wernersville, formerly of Ephrata, passed away Saturday, March 17, 2012 at Reading Hospital.
His wife, the late E. Jane Zimmerman, passed away April 3, 2007. Born in Ephrata, Mr. Zimmerman was the son of the late Charles K. and Florence (Reich) Zimmerman.
He was a World War II Veteran and member of the Ephrata VFW and West Lawn United Methodist Church. He was also a member of the Ephrata Pioneer Fire Company for over 60 years. Mr. Zimmerman worked as a lineman for the former D&E Telephone Company.
He is survived by a son: C. Dennis, husband of Sylvia (Althouse) Zimmerman, of Sinking Spring; four granddaughters: Susan E. Zimmerman and Allison J. Reber, both of Wyomissing Hills; Jaclyn M., wife of Bryan Waldron, of Middletown; and Lora L., wife of Tim Boozer, of Elizabethtown; one grandson: Dennis P., husband of Tiffany (Zinn) Zimmerman, of Bonneauville; and eight great- grandchildren.
Funeral services will be held March 22 at 11 a.m. at Paul L. Gravenor Home For Funerals, 100 W. Main St., Ephrata, with the Rev. Terrance Cooney officiating. Place of interment will be Mt. Zion Evangelical Cemetery, Akron.
Donations in Mr. Zimmerman’s memory may be directed to the Ephrata Pioneer Fire Company.
To offer condolences, visit gravenorhomeforfunerals.com.