- Flamin’ Dick celebrates the golden years of rock-n-roll
- ‘The Odd Couple’ turns 50
- Library explores the FAQs around ‘Exploring Human Origins’ exhibit
- Eight-year-old boy creates Monkees video, gets nod from Micky Dolenz
- A belly full of laughter: EPAC presents ‘Monty Python’s Spamalot’
- Trolley’n for brews
- Pretzel Fest: twisted fun for everyone
- Armed Forces Day swing dance
- Ephrata Police caution on new smoking rules
- Pretzel Fest will feature 13 tasting stations
Calvin L. Smoker
Calvin L. Smoker, 82, of Tel Hai Retirement Community, went home to be with the Lord Monday, March 10, 2014.
Born in Gap, he was the son of the late Reuben and Anna Lapp Smoker. He was the husband of the late Mabel D. Smoker who died in January. They were married for 60 years.
He was the president of Calvin L. Smoker Builders, Inc. and Honey Brook Cabinets, Inc. Calvin was a member of Forest Hills Mennonite Church and enjoyed hunting in Potter county, metal detecting, collecting Indian artifacts and bottles. He enjoyed collecting sea shells on Sanibel Island, Fla.
He will be lovingly missed by: children: C. Richard husband of Kim Smoker of Honey Brook, Beverly S. Smoker of Morgantown, Ronald L. husband of Amy Smoker of Glenmoore, Larry Q. Smoker of Narvon, Mona Lu wife Kerry Shuman of East Earl; ten grandchildren; five great-grandchildren; brother: John Smoker of New Holland; and sister: Katie Smoker of Tenn.
He was preceded in death by two sisters and four brothers.
The funeral will be held at 11 a.m. Monday, March 17 at the Chapel of Tel Hai Retirement Community, 1200 Tel Hai Circle and Beaver Dam Road, Honey Brook with the viewing from 9:30 to 11 a.m. Interment will be in Eby Cemetery, W. Eby Road, Leola at 2:30 PM, Monday.
In lieu of flowers contributions may be made to Forest Hills Mennonite Church, 100 Quarry Rd., Leola, PA 17540 or Tel Hai Ret. Community, PO Box 190, Honey Brook, PA 19344.
Online condolences can be given at FurmanFuneralHome.com. Arrangements by Furman’s Funeral Home, Leola.