- Flamin’ Dick celebrates the golden years of rock-n-roll
- ‘The Odd Couple’ turns 50
- Library explores the FAQs around ‘Exploring Human Origins’ exhibit
- Eight-year-old boy creates Monkees video, gets nod from Micky Dolenz
- A belly full of laughter: EPAC presents ‘Monty Python’s Spamalot’
- Trolley’n for brews
- Pretzel Fest: twisted fun for everyone
- Armed Forces Day swing dance
- Ephrata Police caution on new smoking rules
- Pretzel Fest will feature 13 tasting stations
Carl C. Kerschner, 78, Bethlehem Steel worker, Wickes retiree, enjoyed gardening, woodshop
Carl C. Kerschner, 78, of Ephrata, and formerly of Pine Grove, passed away Wednesday, May 7, 2014 at Hospice & Community Care, Mt. Joy.
He was the husband of Gloria M. (Boyer) Kerschner and son of the late Raymond and Sallie (Aungst) Kerschner.
Carl was a member of Bethany United Church of Christ in Ephrata for 50 years. He worked for Bethlehem Steel at the former Grace Mine in Morgantown, and retired from the Wicks Lumber Truss Plant in Ephrata. Carl enjoyed flower gardening, working in his yard, and tinkering in his home wood shop. He also loved camping, sports, and his grand dogs.
Carl will be lovingly missed by his family and friends. In addition to his wife, Gloria, he is survived by two sons: Dennis Kerschner, husband of Georgia, of Akron, and Ronald Kerschner, husband of Carlene, of Reamstown; one grandson: David Kerschner of Reamstown; three brothers: Roy Kerschner, husband of Alda, of Pittsburgh, Dale Kerschner, husband of Mary, of Maytown, and Gene Kerschner of Williamsport; two sisters-in-law: Linda Weaver of Reamstown, and Hilda Boyer of Ephrata; and many nieces and nephews.
Services were held May 12 at Bethany U.C.C., Ephrata, with Rev. William LaSalle officiating.
Donations in Carl’s memory may be made to the Bethany U.C.C. Organ Fund at the above address or to Hospice & Community Care P.O. Box 4125, Lancaster, PA 17604.
To offer condolences, visit gravenorhomeforfunerals.com. Services under the care of Paul L. Gravenor Home For Funerals, Ephrata.