- Reel Reviews: 2017 Oscar picks
- ‘American Idiot’ at EPAC
- Warwick grad producing ‘Million Dollar Quartet’ at Dutch Apple
- ‘Somewhereville Station’ revisits the 50s and 60s
- St. Patty’s musical at Ephrata Main
- Dance, concert will benefit Jamaica missions
- Happy Anniver5ary, St. Boniface!
- Downtown diversity
- Travelogue will explore Colorado River this Saturday
Carl Martin, born in Ephrata
Carl R. Martin, of Ickesburg, died Monday, July 16, 2012 at his home.
Born in Ephrata, he was the son of Ivan Z. and Irene Martin and the husband of Nora M. Martin.
He was a member of the Millerstown Mennonite Church, Millerstown.
Surviving, in addition to his wife and parents, are seven sons: Wesley M., of Newville; Calvin M., of Ickesburg; Wayne R., of Loysville; and Cloyd, Joel, Darvin and Wilson, all at home; four daughters: Marilyn M., wife of Stephen Champ, of Port Royal; Beulah M., wife of Joel Hurst, of Pleasant Mt.; Vanita M., wife of Neil Martin, of Shippensburg; and Norma J., wife of Justin Zehr, of Ickesburg; and 18 living grandchildren.
Also surviving are three brothers: Vernon and Mark, of Lititz; and Ivan, of Lancaster, Mo.; three sisters: Marion, wife of Henry Huber, of East Earl; Lorraine, wife of Levi Burkholder, of Orchard, Iowa; and Ella Mae, wife of Nathan Nolt, of Fennimore, Wisc.
He was preceded in death by granddaughter: Janesa Martin.
Services were held from the Millerstown Mennonite Church on June 22.
Arrangements were made by the David Myers Funeral Home, Newport.