- Flamin’ Dick celebrates the golden years of rock-n-roll
- ‘The Odd Couple’ turns 50
- Library explores the FAQs around ‘Exploring Human Origins’ exhibit
- Eight-year-old boy creates Monkees video, gets nod from Micky Dolenz
- A belly full of laughter: EPAC presents ‘Monty Python’s Spamalot’
- Trolley’n for brews
- Pretzel Fest: twisted fun for everyone
- Armed Forces Day swing dance
- Ephrata Police caution on new smoking rules
- Pretzel Fest will feature 13 tasting stations
Cathy Seeman, Radio Report vp, Miss Cocalico
Cathy Steffy Seeman, born on Oct. 3, 1952 died Tuesday, Jan. 19, 2012 of complications from a brain aneurism. She died while under hospice care in Tampa, Florida.
Cathy, the wife of Robert (Jimmy) Seeman, lived in Lutz, Fla. She was the daughter of Kathryn and Harry Steffy, of Ephrata, and the sister of Carol Henly of Conyers, of Georgia.
She was a life-long member of Swamp Christian Fellowship Church, which was formerly known as Swamp United Church of Christ. After graduating from Cocalico High School in 1970 and being named Miss Cocalico, she studied nursing and worked at the Hershey Medical Center. She then moved to Tucson, Ariz., and continued in the medical profession. However, her dream was always to be in the skies, so she joined American Airlines as a flight attendant. Upon her marriage in September 1984, she joined her husband’s company, Radio Business Report, as vice president. She continued there until her death.
In addition to Cathy’s professional side, she was a beautiful, spirited, fun-loving gift to life. This woman would light up the darkest room with her glowing, vibrant personality. Her care and concern for mankind and all of God’s creatures was something that only a very special person can hold in the heart and that was Cathy.
Surviving, in addition to her husband, parents and sister, are her niece: Cheri, wife of Mark Isenhour, and their two daughters: Ashlyn and Alexis; and many first cousins in the Ephrata area.
A memorial service will be held at Swamp Christian Fellowship Church, Reinholds, on Feb. 4 at 11 a.m.
In lieu of flowers, contributions may be sent to LifePath Hospice, 12973 N. Telecom Parkway, Suite 100, Temple Terrace, FL 33637 or go to chaptershealth.org.