- Reel Reviews: 2017 Oscar picks
- ‘American Idiot’ at EPAC
- Warwick grad producing ‘Million Dollar Quartet’ at Dutch Apple
- ‘Somewhereville Station’ revisits the 50s and 60s
- St. Patty’s musical at Ephrata Main
- Dance, concert will benefit Jamaica missions
- Happy Anniver5ary, St. Boniface!
- Downtown diversity
- Travelogue will explore Colorado River this Saturday
Cecil Ira Nye, 84, formerly of Ephrata, 50-year Mason, owned a Harley franchise
Cecil Ira Nye, 84, died Aug. 17, 2014 at Masonic Village, Elizabethtown.
A former resident of Ephrata, he was born March 27, 1930 in Mongul, to the late Ira and Dorothy Nye.
He was a graduate of Fannett Township High School, served in the U.S. Army from 1951 to 1956, owned a Harley Davidson Franchise 1963 to 1970, was employed by Penelec, and a 50-year member of Masonic Lodge.
He is survived by Rhoda (Thomas) Nye, wife of 64 years; a sister: Mary Woodwell of Florida; a son: Edward Nye and his wife Theresa, Denver; daughter: JoAn, Phoenixville; five grandchildren: Robert Nye, Jennifer (Nye) Brown, Tyler Fichthorn, Heather (Darby) Stube, Kathryn (Darby) Drake; and five great grandchildren.
He was preceded in death by a sister: Naomi; and a granddaughter: Serena Nye.
Private services for family will be held.
Contributions may be made in his memory to Masonic Village Hospice, 1 Mason Drive Elizabethtown, PA 17022.
Arrangements by Auer Cremation Services of Pennsylvania Inc. For more information, to order flowers or to send messages of condolence, please visit auercremationservices.com.