- Flamin’ Dick celebrates the golden years of rock-n-roll
- ‘The Odd Couple’ turns 50
- Library explores the FAQs around ‘Exploring Human Origins’ exhibit
- Eight-year-old boy creates Monkees video, gets nod from Micky Dolenz
- A belly full of laughter: EPAC presents ‘Monty Python’s Spamalot’
- Trolley’n for brews
- Pretzel Fest: twisted fun for everyone
- Armed Forces Day swing dance
- Ephrata Police caution on new smoking rules
- Pretzel Fest will feature 13 tasting stations
Charles E. Donley, Sperry worker, baseball player
Charles E. Donley, 90, of Lititz, passed away Thursday, May 2, 2013, at Stoneridge Towne Centre, Myerstown.
He was born in Bart Township to the late Earl and Silvia (Alexandria) Donley and was the husband of Mary Ellen (Metzler) Donley with whom he shared 68 years of marriage.
Charles worked in the parts department at the former Sperry New Holland for 12 years and earlier for Indian River Hatchery for 30 years. He enjoyed hunting and baseball. Charles played baseball on the City and County League in 1944, the Lancaster Red Roses in 1945 and the Eastern County League in 1947. He also enjoyed his dogs and gardening.
In addition to his wife, Charles is survived by a son: Larry, husband of Theresa J. (Ginder) Donley of Lititz; and a great-granddaughter: Sierra Derr.
In addition to his parents, he was preceded in death by a brother: William Donley and a sister: Ethel Kline.
A viewing was held May 7 at the Stradling Funeral Home, Akron, followed by his funeral service with Pastor Dave Unangst officiating. Interment will be private at the convenience of the family.
If desired, memorial contributions in Charles’s memory may be made to Salem United Methodist Church ,1744 Old Rothsville Rd., Lititz, PA 17543.
Arrangements by Stradling Funeral Homes, Inc., Akron/Ephrata. Online condolences can be given at stradlingfuneralhome.com.