- Flamin’ Dick celebrates the golden years of rock-n-roll
- ‘The Odd Couple’ turns 50
- Library explores the FAQs around ‘Exploring Human Origins’ exhibit
- Eight-year-old boy creates Monkees video, gets nod from Micky Dolenz
- A belly full of laughter: EPAC presents ‘Monty Python’s Spamalot’
- Trolley’n for brews
- Pretzel Fest: twisted fun for everyone
- Armed Forces Day swing dance
- Ephrata Police caution on new smoking rules
- Pretzel Fest will feature 13 tasting stations
Charles Timothy Potteiger, veteran, Hamilton retiree
Charles Timothy Potteiger, 70, died Saturday April 27, 2013, at his West Cocalico home.
Born in Lebanon County, he was the son of the late Elam and Sara (Noll) Potteiger.
He was the husband of Lizzie F. (Gerhart) Potteiger with whom he shared 45 years of marriage. Charles served his country in the US Army. He attended Haaks United Zion Church, Newmanstown. Charles retired from Hamilton Equipment, Ephrata. He was happiest when working in his garage and playing with his great-grandchildren. he was a Nascar fan and enjoyed building model cars.
In addition to his wife, Charles is survived by a daughter: Mary, married to Neil Copenhaver of Ephrata; grandchildren: Nathan, husband of Stacey; Nevin, husband of Beth and Nicole Copenhaver; and five great-grandchildren.
He was preceded in death by his step mother: Anna Potteiger; two step brothers; and one step sister.
A viewing will be held May 1 from 6 p.m. to 8 p.m. at the Roseboro Stradling Funeral Home, 533 Walnut St., Denver. An additional viewing will be held on Thursday from 9 to 10 a.m. at Haaks United Zion Church, 203 Stricklerstown Road, Newmanstown, followed by funeral services held at 10 a.m. with Rev. Carl Eberly and Eli Eberly officiating. Interment will take place in the Millbach Cemetery in Millbach.
If desired, memorial contributions in Charles’s memory may be made to his church, Haaks United Zion Church, c/o Benjamin Habecker, treasurer, 26 Stricklerstown Road, Newmanstown, PA 17073.
Arrangements by Roseboro Stradling Funeral & Cremation Services, Inc., Denver. Online condolences can be given at roseborostradling.com.