- Eight-year-old boy creates Monkees video, gets nod from Micky Dolenz
- A belly full of laughter: EPAC presents ‘Monty Python’s Spamalot’
- Trolley’n for brews
- Pretzel Fest: twisted fun for everyone
- Armed Forces Day swing dance
- Ephrata Police caution on new smoking rules
- Pretzel Fest will feature 13 tasting stations
- A sure sign of summer: Denver finalizes community pool plans
- Spam a little for ‘Spamalot’
- Family ‘Owl’bum
Cindy A. Summers, 53, Denver, Playskool, QVC, Hood Dairy worker, was lover of animals
Cindy A. Summers, 53, of Denver, formerly of Lancaster, entered into rest Friday, May 30, 2014 at home after a courageous battle with cancer.
Born in Lancaster, she was the daughter of James R. and Anna Kuhns Summers of Lancaster.
Cindy worked earlier for Playskool; Hood Dairy in quality control; and lastly for QVC. An animal lover, she enjoyed spending time with her family and friends.
In addition to her parents, she will be lovingly missed by her sister, Darlene wife of Steve Allen, with whom she resided; her brother: James R. Jr., husband of Terry Summers, Lancaster; nieces: Christiana Stoltzfus, April (Sam) Justis; nephews: Shane Coleman, James Summers III and Gordon Summers; and her beloved dog: Bear. Her best friends to the end were: Millie Shafer, Deb Bowman and Terry Boyer.
The funeral will be held at 11 a.m. Wednesday, June 4, 2014 at Furman Home for Funerals, 59 W. Main St., Leola, with a viewing one hour prior to the service. Interment will be in Millersville Mennonite Cemetery.
Kindly omit flowers. Memorials welcomed to American Cancer Society, 314 Good Dr., Lancaster, PA 17603 or Hospice & Community Care, PO Box 4125, Lancaster, PA 17604-4125 or the Humane League of Lancaster Co., 2195 Lincoln Hwy. East, Lancaster, PA 17602.
To leave the family online condolences, visit FurmanFuneralHome.com. Arrangements entrusted to Furman Home for Funerals, Leola.