- Flamin’ Dick celebrates the golden years of rock-n-roll
- ‘The Odd Couple’ turns 50
- Library explores the FAQs around ‘Exploring Human Origins’ exhibit
- Eight-year-old boy creates Monkees video, gets nod from Micky Dolenz
- A belly full of laughter: EPAC presents ‘Monty Python’s Spamalot’
- Trolley’n for brews
- Pretzel Fest: twisted fun for everyone
- Armed Forces Day swing dance
- Ephrata Police caution on new smoking rules
- Pretzel Fest will feature 13 tasting stations
Clara Wertz, 91, flag co. worker
Clara P. (Parrish) Wertz, age 91 years, widow of Robert Irwin Wertz, of Caernarvon Township, formerly of Birdsboro and Morris, died Thursday, Feb. 2, 2012 in Ephrata Community Hospital, where she had been a patient for one day.
Born in West Chester, she was the daughter of the late Byron Spencer and Elizabeth (Martin) Parrish.
She had been employed as a sewing machine operator for the former Valley Forge Flag Company, Baumstown, for 22 years, retiring in 1985.
Clara is survived by two sons: Robert N., husband of Cookie Wertz, of Birdsboro; and Dennis C., husband of Aileen Wertz, of Allenwood; five daughters: Barbara Ann, wife of Earl L. Wertz, of Morgantown; Sondra L., wife of Eugene White, of Denver; Florence E., wife of Dale Sinclair, of East Earl; Sharon M., wife of James Jumper, of Wellsboro; and Joyce L. Falatovich, of Birdsboro; 23 grandchildren; 41 great-grandchildren; two great-great-grandchildren; and many nieces and nephews.
Funeral services were held on Feb. 7 at the Dengler Funeral Home Inc., Birdsboro. Interment took place in Forest Hills Memorial Park.
Dengler Funeral Home, Inc., Birdsboro, PA is in charge of the arrangements.