- Flamin’ Dick celebrates the golden years of rock-n-roll
- ‘The Odd Couple’ turns 50
- Library explores the FAQs around ‘Exploring Human Origins’ exhibit
- Eight-year-old boy creates Monkees video, gets nod from Micky Dolenz
- A belly full of laughter: EPAC presents ‘Monty Python’s Spamalot’
- Trolley’n for brews
- Pretzel Fest: twisted fun for everyone
- Armed Forces Day swing dance
- Ephrata Police caution on new smoking rules
- Pretzel Fest will feature 13 tasting stations
Clarence Sweigart, 91, horse owner
Clarence G. Sweigart, 91, of Denver, passed away Sunday, June 26, 2011 at Ephrata Manor.
He was born in Reamstown to Kaleb and Lily Sweigart. He was the husband of the late Kathryn E. (Buckwalter) Sweigart.
Clarence loved his ponies and horse showings. He was a life member of the American Hackney Horse Association, the United States Equestrian Federation and the Stevens and Denver fire companies. He was also a member of the Denver Lions Club and Adamstown VFW.
He is survived by a son: Galen C., husband of Marlene A. Sweigart, of Denver; a daughter: Sharon L., wife of Leonard E. Hilton, of Stevens; two grandchildren: Brook Sweigart-Reed, wife of Todd Reed, of Denver and Robert, husband of Jody Hilton, of Lititz; six great-grandchildren: Ally, Emily, Nathan and Hailey Schlegel; and Alex and Faith-Anne Hilton.
He was preceded in death by his wife: Kathryn E. (Buckwalter) Sweigart; sisters: Mary Sweigart, Lucy Sweigart and Pauline Long; and a granddaughter: Tanya Schlegel.
A viewing will be held July 5 from 6-8 p.m. at Roseboro Stradling Funeral Home, 533 Walnut St. in Denver, and on July 6 from 9-10 a.m. at Trinity United Methodist Church, 420 Main St. in Denver. Funeral services will be held at 10 a.m. with the Rev. C. Michael Roney officiating. Interment will take place in the Fairview Cemetery Annex in West Cocalico Township.
Arrangements were made by Roseboro Stradling Funeral & Cremation Services Inc. Online condolences can be sent to roseborostradling.com.