- Flamin’ Dick celebrates the golden years of rock-n-roll
- ‘The Odd Couple’ turns 50
- Library explores the FAQs around ‘Exploring Human Origins’ exhibit
- Eight-year-old boy creates Monkees video, gets nod from Micky Dolenz
- A belly full of laughter: EPAC presents ‘Monty Python’s Spamalot’
- Trolley’n for brews
- Pretzel Fest: twisted fun for everyone
- Armed Forces Day swing dance
- Ephrata Police caution on new smoking rules
- Pretzel Fest will feature 13 tasting stations
Clarence Wertz, Reamstown, self-employed recycler
Clarence H. "Sonny" Wertz, 75, of Reamstown, passed away Thursday, July 14, 2011 at his residence.
He was born in Narvon to the late Clarence and Grace (Weller) Wertz. He was the husband of Edie (Regester) Wertz, whom he shared 35 years together this past March 31.
Sonny was self-employed in the recycling business.
He is survived by three sons: Robert C., husband of Morgan (Martin) Wertz, of Stevens; Harry J. Regester Jr., of Ephrata; and James L. Taylor, of Huntington; three daughters: Melissa, wife of John Ferrell, of Ephrata; Amanda Wertz, of Reamstown; and Dotty, wife of Brian Ferrell, of Stevens; three brothers: Paul Wertz, of Stevens; Joe, husband of Barbara Wertz, of Morgantown; and Raymond, husband of Candy Wertz, of Narvon; two sisters: Doris Fryberger, of Ephrata; and Patsy Hooper, of Narvon; nine grandchildren; and two great-grandchildren.
He was preceded in death by two brothers: James Wertz and Charles Wertz; and a sister: Marian Sheaffer.
A funeral service was held July 20 at Roseboro Stradling Funeral and Cremation Services Inc. with the Rev. Stephen E. Hollinger officiating. Interment took place at the Pequea Baptist Cemetery.
Arrangements were made by Roseboro Stradling Funeral & Cremation Services Inc. Online condolences can sent to the family at roseborostradling.com.