- Flamin’ Dick celebrates the golden years of rock-n-roll
- ‘The Odd Couple’ turns 50
- Library explores the FAQs around ‘Exploring Human Origins’ exhibit
- Eight-year-old boy creates Monkees video, gets nod from Micky Dolenz
- A belly full of laughter: EPAC presents ‘Monty Python’s Spamalot’
- Trolley’n for brews
- Pretzel Fest: twisted fun for everyone
- Armed Forces Day swing dance
- Ephrata Police caution on new smoking rules
- Pretzel Fest will feature 13 tasting stations
Colleen Coldren, 65, Denver Girl Scout leader, bookkeeper
Colleen "Bootsie" Leslie Coldren, 65, of Denver, passed away Saturday, July 16, 2011 at Ephrata Manor.
She was born in Reading to the late R. Lester and Edna (George) Althouse. She was the wife of Donald Coldren, to whom she shared 33 years of marriage.
Leslie worked as a bookkeeper for Dr. Paul H. Ripple for 27 years. She was a 1964 graduate of Cocalico High School and a graduate of McCann’s Business School.
Leslie was a member of St. John’s United Church of Christ in Denver. A Denver Girl Scout leader for 10 years, she was also a member of the Innisbrook Golf Club in Palm Harbor, Florida.
A visitation will be held July 22 from 9:30-10 a.m. at Roseboro Stradling Funeral Home, 533 Walnut St. in Denver, followed by a memorial service at 10 with Pastor David Brumbach officiating. Inurnment will take place in the Fairview Cemetery Annex.
Memorial contributions in Bootsie’s memory may be made to St. John’s U.C.C., Attn: Church Choir, 659 S. Fourth St., Denver, PA 17517.
Arrangements were made by Roseboro Stradling Funeral & Cremation Services Inc., Denver. Online condolences can be sent to the family at roseborostradling.com.