- Flamin’ Dick celebrates the golden years of rock-n-roll
- ‘The Odd Couple’ turns 50
- Library explores the FAQs around ‘Exploring Human Origins’ exhibit
- Eight-year-old boy creates Monkees video, gets nod from Micky Dolenz
- A belly full of laughter: EPAC presents ‘Monty Python’s Spamalot’
- Trolley’n for brews
- Pretzel Fest: twisted fun for everyone
- Armed Forces Day swing dance
- Ephrata Police caution on new smoking rules
- Pretzel Fest will feature 13 tasting stations
Dale Carbaugh, 89, WWII vet
Dale Eber Carbaugh, 89, of New Holland and formerly of Lancaster, passed away peacefully Saturday, Nov. 5, 2011 at Maple Farm, Akron.
Born March 23, 1922 in South Mountain, he was the son of the late Oscar and Anna (Eicholf) Carbaugh. He was married to Janice A. (Bennett) Carbaugh on April 30, 1943.
A veteran of WWII, Dale proudly served with the U.S. Army. Carbaugh retired in 1984 from Dentsply International, York, where he worked in the Data Processing Department for 18 years.
Dale enjoyed hunting and spending time with his family. He was also a member of Keystone Church, Paradise.
In addition to his wife of over 68 years, he will be lovingly missed by two sons: Dale L., husband of Barbara, of Ephrata; Gary L., husband of Barbara, of Huntsville, Ala.; a daughter: Brenda A., wife of Thomas Weaver, of New Holland; nine grandchildren; and four great-grandchildren.
He was preceded in death by two brothers: Melvin and Eugene Carbaugh.
Funeral services will be held at the Andrew T. Scheid Funeral Home, 320 Blue Rock Road, Millersville, on Nov. 10 at 10 a.m. Interment will be in the Conestoga Memorial Park, Lancaster, with military honors accorded by the Red Rose Veterans Honor Guard and the Vet 21-Salute Honor Guard.
Kindly omit flowers. Memorial remembrances can be made in Dale’s memory to the Millersville VFW Post #7294.
To submit an online condolence, visit scheidfuneralhome.com.