- Flamin’ Dick celebrates the golden years of rock-n-roll
- ‘The Odd Couple’ turns 50
- Library explores the FAQs around ‘Exploring Human Origins’ exhibit
- Eight-year-old boy creates Monkees video, gets nod from Micky Dolenz
- A belly full of laughter: EPAC presents ‘Monty Python’s Spamalot’
- Trolley’n for brews
- Pretzel Fest: twisted fun for everyone
- Armed Forces Day swing dance
- Ephrata Police caution on new smoking rules
- Pretzel Fest will feature 13 tasting stations
Dale Zeigler Jr., vet, outdoorsman
Dale Richard Zeigler Jr., 59, of Akron, passed away Wednesday, Sept. 21, 2011 at Lancaster General Hospital, surrounded by his family.
Born in New Castle, he was the son of the late Dale Richard Sr. and Helen Lorene Baucom Zeigler.
He served in the U.S. Army during the Vietnam War. He was an avid Pittsburgh Steelers fan and outdoorsman. He enjoyed hunting, trapping and fishing and had been an active member of the Pennsylvania Trappers Association.
Surviving are: a daughter, Terri L. Smith, of Marietta; a son: Daniel R., husband of June Zeigler, of Landenberg; two sisters: Ellen, wife of John Richey, and Marilyn Zeigler, both of New Castle; a brother: Larry, husband of Gayle Zeigler, of West Pittsburg.
A memorial service will be held in New Castle at a later date. If desired, contributions may be sent to the American Cancer Society, 314 Good Drive, Lancaster, PA 17603.
For other information or to send an online condolence to the family, visit kasnyderfuneralhome.com.