- Flamin’ Dick celebrates the golden years of rock-n-roll
- ‘The Odd Couple’ turns 50
- Library explores the FAQs around ‘Exploring Human Origins’ exhibit
- Eight-year-old boy creates Monkees video, gets nod from Micky Dolenz
- A belly full of laughter: EPAC presents ‘Monty Python’s Spamalot’
- Trolley’n for brews
- Pretzel Fest: twisted fun for everyone
- Armed Forces Day swing dance
- Ephrata Police caution on new smoking rules
- Pretzel Fest will feature 13 tasting stations
Daniel J. Beck, 61, Oliver Sensenig & Sons driver
Daniel J. Beck, 61, Stevens, died at home surrounded by his loving family April 12, 2013.
Born in East Cocalico Township, a son of the late Daniel W. Beck and Florence M. (Stamm) Beck Dautrich, Ephrata, he was married to Brenda L. (Hanna) Beck for 33 years on March 29. A truck driver for over 25 years with Oliver Sensenig & Sons, Stevens, he also butchered for family and friends. Beck enjoyed hunting, fishing, participating in the annual Make-A-Wish Convoy and time with his family.
Also surviving are his sons: Daniel J. Beck, Jr., and Shane A. Beck, both Stevens; sisters: Gerri (Harold) Boone, Wernersville; Rose (Robert) Bauman, Schoeneck; Betty (Robert) Andrew, Ephrata; Martha Kohl, Barbara Beck and Joyce Beck, all Reamstown; and step-father: Warren Dautrich, Ephrata.
Funeral services were held April 17 from Good Funeral Home & Cremation Centre, Reamstown, with Pastor Jeffrey Dunlevy officiating. Burial was in Memory Gardens Memorial Park, Ephrata.
Rather than flowers, contributions may be made to Hospice & Community Care, Box 4125, Lancaster, PA 17604, and Make-A-Wish Foundation, 1054 New Holland Ave., Lancaster, PA 17601. Condolences may be shared at goodfuneral.com.