- Flamin’ Dick celebrates the golden years of rock-n-roll
- ‘The Odd Couple’ turns 50
- Library explores the FAQs around ‘Exploring Human Origins’ exhibit
- Eight-year-old boy creates Monkees video, gets nod from Micky Dolenz
- A belly full of laughter: EPAC presents ‘Monty Python’s Spamalot’
- Trolley’n for brews
- Pretzel Fest: twisted fun for everyone
- Armed Forces Day swing dance
- Ephrata Police caution on new smoking rules
- Pretzel Fest will feature 13 tasting stations
Darryl Leid, 53, Denver, Choice Windows worker
Darryl S. Leid, 53, of Denver, went to be with his Heavenly Father Sunday, Aug. 28, 2011, at Lancaster General Hospital.
He is survived by his wife, Annette (Clark) Leid, with whom he shared 32 years of marriage on July 7. Born in Terre Hill, he was the son of Wilbur and Gladdis (Schnader) Leid of Terre Hill.
He was a member of Cocalico Community Chapel. He was employed by Choice Windows, New Holland, in exterior construction. He enjoyed hunting, fishing and vacationing on the Outer Banks. Above all, he loved his family and his grandchildren.
Darryl will be loved and missed by his family and friends. In addition to his wife and parents, he is survived by his daughters: Amy L., wife of Corey Knox, of Ephrata; and Amber E., wife of Josh Reimers, of Mt. Wolf; his son: Nathaniel S. Leid, of Denver; four grandchildren; a brother: Gene Leid; and sisters: Vicki Ream and Dorie Buch.
A memorial service will be held on Sept. 2 at 6 p.m. at Bethany Grace Fellowship, 400 Reading Road, East Earl, with Pastors Jon Miklas and Ben Zentner officiating. Interment will be private in Muddy Creek Cemetery.
In lieu of flowers, contributions in Darryl’s memory may be sent to the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society, 800 Corporate Circle, Suite 100, Harrisburg, PA 17110.
The Eckenroth Home for Funerals, Terre Hill, is in charge of arrangements. Online condolences may be posted at groffeckenroth.com.