- Flamin’ Dick celebrates the golden years of rock-n-roll
- ‘The Odd Couple’ turns 50
- Library explores the FAQs around ‘Exploring Human Origins’ exhibit
- Eight-year-old boy creates Monkees video, gets nod from Micky Dolenz
- A belly full of laughter: EPAC presents ‘Monty Python’s Spamalot’
- Trolley’n for brews
- Pretzel Fest: twisted fun for everyone
- Armed Forces Day swing dance
- Ephrata Police caution on new smoking rules
- Pretzel Fest will feature 13 tasting stations
David Christiansen, 50, Sunrise Transports driver
David A. Christiansen, 50, of Ephrata, formerly of North Plainfield, N.J., passed away unexpectedly at his home early Sunday morning, Sept. 30, 2012.
Born in North Plainfield, NJ, he was the son of the late Rev. Carl E. Christiansen Jr. and the late Adeline Starian Christiansen. Dave was the husband of Mary Jo Niro Christiansen; together they celebrated their fourth wedding anniversary Sept. 4.
Dave was a graduate of North Plainfield High School, where he played basketball and attended Rutgers University, playing on the basketball team there. He was a truck driver for Sunrise Transports in Ephrata and had previously driven for Bridgewater Stone Center in New Jersey. Dave was of the Episcopalian faith. He enjoyed things that were very nostalgic. Dave was a very avid vintage pinball machine collector; he also had a passion for muscle cars.
Dave will be lovingly remembered by his wife: Mary Jo; his brother: Carl E. III, husband of Valerie J. Christiansen, of Lancaster; his niece: Sarah; and nephew: Ian Christiansen; and he will also be missed by his best friend: Tyson, his Rottweiler.
His life celebration service was held at Fred F. Groff Inc., Lancaster, Oct. 5 with the Rev. Stephen C. Casey officiating. There will be a private family interment.
In lieu of flowers, the family requests that memorials be made in David’s memory to the Humane League of Lancaster County, 2195 Lincoln Highway East, Lancaster, PA 17602. To share a fond memory of Dave, visit lifecelebration.com.