- Warwick grad producing ‘Million Dollar Quartet’ at Dutch Apple
- Hello (again), Dolly!
- ‘Hello, Dolly!’ opens Thursday at EPAC
- ‘Somewhereville Station’ revisits the 50s and 60s
- St. Patty’s musical at Ephrata Main
- Dance, concert will benefit Jamaica missions
- Happy Anniver5ary, St. Boniface!
- Downtown diversity
- Travelogue will explore Colorado River this Saturday
- Cool lineup!
David D. Weaver, 70, mail carrier, Liederkranz member
David D. Weaver, 70, of Ephrata, passed away Sunday, July 28, 2013, at the Ephrata Community Hospital.
He was born in Ephrata to the late Thomas and Pearl (Staller) Weaver and was the husband of Otti (Vaitl) McDermott-Weaver.
David worked as a mail carrier in Newmanstown for 15 years before he retired in 2011. He was a member of the Lancaster Liederkranz Club in Manheim. He enjoyed hunting and fishing.
In addition to his wife, he is survived by two sisters- in- law: Marian Weaver of Lititz and Maria Weaver of Ephrata and a niece: Susan Koch of Wyomissing.
In addition to his parents, he was preceded in death by two brothers: Fred and William Weaver.
A visitation will be held Aug. 3 from 9:30 to 10 a.m. at the Stradling Funeral Home, 201 Church Ave., Ephrata, followed by a memorial service at 10 a.m. with Rev. John C. Miller and Anthony Rice officiating. Interment will take place in the Bergstrasse Lutheran Cemetery.
If desired, memorial contributions in David’s memory may be made to Hospice & Community Care, P.O. Box 4125, Lancaster, PA 17604.
Arrangements by Stradling Funeral Homes, Inc., Akron/Ephrata. Online condolences can be given at stradlingfuneralhome.com.