- Flamin’ Dick celebrates the golden years of rock-n-roll
- ‘The Odd Couple’ turns 50
- Library explores the FAQs around ‘Exploring Human Origins’ exhibit
- Eight-year-old boy creates Monkees video, gets nod from Micky Dolenz
- A belly full of laughter: EPAC presents ‘Monty Python’s Spamalot’
- Trolley’n for brews
- Pretzel Fest: twisted fun for everyone
- Armed Forces Day swing dance
- Ephrata Police caution on new smoking rules
- Pretzel Fest will feature 13 tasting stations
Dawn E. Gehman, retired ECH registered nurse
Dawn E. Gehman, 83, of Denver, passed away Tuesday, Oct. 1, 2013, at her home.
She was born in Denver to the late Floyd and Lynda (Hagy) Witwer, and was the wife of Arthur William Gehman, with whom she shared 60 years of marriage.
Dawn was a member of Peace United Church of Christ, Denver. She was a very loving and generous person. Dawn enjoyed family time, flower gardening, and spending winters in Vero Beach, Fla.
During her working years, Dawn worked as a registered nurse for Ephrata Community Hospital in the ICU for 30 years before retiring in 1982.
In addition to her husband, Dawn is survived by a son: Barry L., husband of Pam (Hoover) Gehman of Denver; two grandchildren: Kate, wife of Michael Maxwell; Mike, husband of Kara (Chrisanthom) Gehman; two great grandchildren: Owen and Connor Maxwell; and her second family: Jeanie, wife of Terry Johnson and Heather and Heidi Johnson all of Denver.
A viewing and funeral were held Oct. 4 at the Peace United Church of Christ, Denver, with Pastor William E. Hoch officiating. Interment will take place in the Fairview Cemetery, Denver.
Memorial contributions in Dawn’s memory may be made to Peace United Church of Christ, 37 E. Swartzville Road, Denver, PA 17517.
Arrangements by Roseboro Stradling Funeral & Cremation Services, Inc., Denver. Online condolences can be given at roseborostradling.com.