- Flamin’ Dick celebrates the golden years of rock-n-roll
- ‘The Odd Couple’ turns 50
- Library explores the FAQs around ‘Exploring Human Origins’ exhibit
- Eight-year-old boy creates Monkees video, gets nod from Micky Dolenz
- A belly full of laughter: EPAC presents ‘Monty Python’s Spamalot’
- Trolley’n for brews
- Pretzel Fest: twisted fun for everyone
- Armed Forces Day swing dance
- Ephrata Police caution on new smoking rules
- Pretzel Fest will feature 13 tasting stations
Dawn Marie Hackman, 54, Sechan worker, gardener
Dawn Marie Hackman, 54, of Lititz, passed away Tuesday, Aug. 20, 2013, at Ephrata Community Hospital after a brief illness.
She was born in Ephrata to the late William Hehnly and Miriam (Burd) Hehnly and was the wife of Kenneth R. Hackman with whom she shared 13 years of marriage.
Dawn worked as an assembler for Sechan Electronics, Lititz, and Esbenshades Garden Center. She was proud of her home and enjoyed flower gardening, her dog Digger and trail riding her horse Cherokee.
In addition to her husband and mother, she is survived by her step father: Carl Hehnly; a daughter: Michelle Cassel; two grandsons: Tyler and Trevor; two sisters: Debra L. Gerhart and Diane L. King; a brother: Darryl Hehnly and numerous nieces, nephews, great nieces and nephews.
In addition to her father, she was preceded in death by two brothers: David E. and Dennis R. Hehnly.
A visitation was held Aug. 24 from at the Roseboro Stradling Funeral Home, 533 Walnut St., Denver, followed by a memorial service. Interment will be private at the convenience of the family.
Memorial contributions in Dawn’s memory may be made to the Ephrata Cancer Center, 460 N. Reading Rd., Ephrata, PA 17522 or the Humane League of Lancaster County, 2195 Lincoln Highway East, Lancaster, PA 17602.
Arrangements by Roseboro Stradling Funeral & Cremation Services, Inc., Denver. Online condolences can be given at roseborostradling.com.