- Flamin’ Dick celebrates the golden years of rock-n-roll
- ‘The Odd Couple’ turns 50
- Library explores the FAQs around ‘Exploring Human Origins’ exhibit
- Eight-year-old boy creates Monkees video, gets nod from Micky Dolenz
- A belly full of laughter: EPAC presents ‘Monty Python’s Spamalot’
- Trolley’n for brews
- Pretzel Fest: twisted fun for everyone
- Armed Forces Day swing dance
- Ephrata Police caution on new smoking rules
- Pretzel Fest will feature 13 tasting stations
Deaths of local interest
John Brendle, Jr., 85, of New Holland, died at Lancaster General Hospital Thursday, May 16, 2013, following a brief illness. Local survivors include his son: Terry L., married to Patricia Brendle, Ephrata, and his sister: Carolyn, married to Philip Harting, Adamstown.
Anna M. Hershey Erwin, 78, of Manheim, died peacefully surrounded by family Wednesday, May 15, 2013 at the Pleasant View Retirement Community. She was a member of the Early Bird Walkers of the Walking Club of Ephrata.
Edna M. Gingrich, 89, of Womelsdorf, passed away Thursday, May 16, 2013, at her home, after a brief illness. She was the wife of the late Paul L. Gingrich who died on July 14, 2001. Her sister Pauline Newswanger lives in Akron.
Samuel J. Horning, 80, Goodville, died Friday, May 18, at Zerbe Sisters Nursing Center. His wife, Mabel R. (Rhoads) Horning, survives. They observed their 53rd wedding anniversary on Feb. 6. In addition to his wife, he is survived by a daughter: Debra, married to Clarence Brubaker, Ephrata; and a sister: Gloria Freeman, Ephrata.
Gladys E. Spade, 98, formerly of Brewster Drive, Lancaster, passed away Friday, May 17, 2013. Gladys was the wife of the late Clifford M. "Bud" Spade who passed away in 1980. Her daughter, Lynda Brian, widow of William, lives in Ephrata.
Arlene M. Witmer, 91, of West Earl Twp., died Saturday, May 18, 2013 at Conestoga View Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, Lancaster. Her son, Barry L., husband of Barbara C. Snyder lives in Brownstown.