- Flamin’ Dick celebrates the golden years of rock-n-roll
- ‘The Odd Couple’ turns 50
- Library explores the FAQs around ‘Exploring Human Origins’ exhibit
- Eight-year-old boy creates Monkees video, gets nod from Micky Dolenz
- A belly full of laughter: EPAC presents ‘Monty Python’s Spamalot’
- Trolley’n for brews
- Pretzel Fest: twisted fun for everyone
- Armed Forces Day swing dance
- Ephrata Police caution on new smoking rules
- Pretzel Fest will feature 13 tasting stations
Deaths of local interest
Vance R. "Pip" Martin, 67, of Landisville, died peacefully, Friday, Aug. 9, 2013, at Hospice and Community Care, Mount Joy. Born in Lancaster, he was the son of Esther M. (Zahm) Martin of Lancaster, and the late Edward C. Martin, Sr. Pip was the loving husband of Bettie-Jo C. Local survivors include his brother, Edward C., Jr. husband of Sandy Martin, of Stevens.
Reverend George Shultz, Jr., 86, of Spring Township., died Aug. 7, 2013 in the Reading Hospital where he was admitted earlier in the day. He was the husband of the late Mary Jane (Huber) Shultz who died July 27, 2008. They were married for 58 years. His son, James C. Shultz, lives in Reinholds.
Ruth Stauffer, 92, of New Holland, peacefully went home to heaven Thursday, Aug. 8, 2013 at Ephrata Community Hospital. Born in Morgantown, she was the daughter of the late David S. and Emma (Stoltzfus) Yoder. Her husband, A. Richard Stauffer, died in 1999. Her daughter: Loretta, married to Mervin Esh; and sister: Dorcas, married to Samuel Rolon, live in Stevens.