- Flamin’ Dick celebrates the golden years of rock-n-roll
- ‘The Odd Couple’ turns 50
- Library explores the FAQs around ‘Exploring Human Origins’ exhibit
- Eight-year-old boy creates Monkees video, gets nod from Micky Dolenz
- A belly full of laughter: EPAC presents ‘Monty Python’s Spamalot’
- Trolley’n for brews
- Pretzel Fest: twisted fun for everyone
- Armed Forces Day swing dance
- Ephrata Police caution on new smoking rules
- Pretzel Fest will feature 13 tasting stations
Deaths of local interest
Paul W. Brendle, 94, of Bowmansville, died Friday, Aug. 9, at the Reading Hospital emergency room. He was preceded in death by his wife, Mary Jane (Lorah) Brendle, in 1986. Local survivors include his granddaughters: Kimberly Brendle Boyer, spouse of Todd Boyer, of Denver and Kristi Brendle Regitz, spouse of Brent Regitz, of Ephrata.
Donna Lynn Philpot, 47, originally from Lititz, passed away Thursday, Aug. 8, 2013 at her home in Rimersburg. Local survivors include her mother: Regina Roth and husband, William Bahn, of Denver and sister: Cheryl Lees and husband, Eric, of Reamstown.
Jean M. Ulmer, 91, of New Holland, formerly of West Trenton, N.J. and Fort Myers, Fla., died Thursday, Aug. 15, 2013 after a brief illness at Garden Spot Village in New Holland. Her son, Lee D., married to Robyn (Crozier) Ulmer, lives in Denver.