- Flamin’ Dick celebrates the golden years of rock-n-roll
- ‘The Odd Couple’ turns 50
- Library explores the FAQs around ‘Exploring Human Origins’ exhibit
- Eight-year-old boy creates Monkees video, gets nod from Micky Dolenz
- A belly full of laughter: EPAC presents ‘Monty Python’s Spamalot’
- Trolley’n for brews
- Pretzel Fest: twisted fun for everyone
- Armed Forces Day swing dance
- Ephrata Police caution on new smoking rules
- Pretzel Fest will feature 13 tasting stations
Deaths of local interest
Veta M. Abel, 94, formerly of Bausman, died Sunday, Aug. 25, 2013, at Harrison House in Christiana, with her daughters by her bedside. She was born in Harrisburg to the late Miller and Edna M. Hengst Trout. Veta’s daughter, Phyllis A. Doughty, lives in Ephrata.
Tyler A. Fichthorn, 22 of Lititz, passed away Friday, Aug. 30, 2013. Born in Lancaster, he was the son of Timothy A. and Terry A. Myers Fichthorn of Lititz. Local survivors include his daughter: Aleyah Fichthorn of Ephrata and his sister: Julie, wife of Adam Dillon of Ephrata.
Dorothy "Dottie" E. (Kauffman) McFalls, 69, a homemaker of Lancaster, entered into rest Thursday, Aug. 22, 2013 at Hospice & Community Care, Mount Joy. She was the loving wife of William "Bill" L. McFalls for 50 years. Born Aug. 27, 1943 in Lancaster and raised in Conestoga, she was the daughter of the late Ralph and Jean (Kilgore) Kauffman. Dorothy’s daughter, Traci L. McFalls, fiancÃ©e of Brian S. Hill, lives in Akron.
David R. Stauffer, 79, East Earl, died Friday, Aug. 30, 2013 at his home after a brief illness. Local survivors include his children: Ernest L., married to Deborah (Fairchild) Stauffer of Stevens; three brothers and a sister: Horace R., married to Mary (Stauffer) Stauffer of Ephrata; Norman R. Stauffer of Ephrata,; Beatrice R. Stauffer of Ephrata and a sister-in-law: Sis Stauffer of Akron.