- Flamin’ Dick celebrates the golden years of rock-n-roll
- ‘The Odd Couple’ turns 50
- Library explores the FAQs around ‘Exploring Human Origins’ exhibit
- Eight-year-old boy creates Monkees video, gets nod from Micky Dolenz
- A belly full of laughter: EPAC presents ‘Monty Python’s Spamalot’
- Trolley’n for brews
- Pretzel Fest: twisted fun for everyone
- Armed Forces Day swing dance
- Ephrata Police caution on new smoking rules
- Pretzel Fest will feature 13 tasting stations
Deaths of local interest
Dennis Hartranft, 64, of Lancaster, passed away Friday, Sept. 13, 2013. Dennis was a dispatcher and more recently a fleet safety manager for the Zook Molasses Co., Honey Brook. His brother Douglas Hartranft and sister Deborah Hackman reside in Ephrata.
Andrew William Ronald, beloved infant son of Stephen E. and Geniene Waldron Ronald, Lebanon, passed away Sept. 14, 2013 at Good Samaritan Hospital, Lebanon. His paternal grandparents, Edward and Grace Ronald, live in Ephrata.
Helen Althouse Rutt, 82, of Landis Homes, Lititz, formerly of Landisville, died Friday, Sept. 13, 2013. She worked for 8 years with Mennonite Central Committee in medical missions in Indonesia and helped in her husband’s office for a number of years. Her daughter Sue Glick, wife of Kevin, resides in Akron, and a son, Richard, husband of Michelle, lives in Ephrata.
Glen C. Seifried, 87, died Sept.15, 2013, at the Veterans Victory House in Walterboro, S.C. He was in the US Air Force from 1943-45, serving on the island of Guam at the end of World War II. The Seifried family moved to Manheim in 1959, where he continued as teacher, coach, and guidance counselor for the next 26 years. His daughter, Millie, and grandson, Justin, reside in Ephrata.