- Flamin’ Dick celebrates the golden years of rock-n-roll
- ‘The Odd Couple’ turns 50
- Library explores the FAQs around ‘Exploring Human Origins’ exhibit
- Eight-year-old boy creates Monkees video, gets nod from Micky Dolenz
- A belly full of laughter: EPAC presents ‘Monty Python’s Spamalot’
- Trolley’n for brews
- Pretzel Fest: twisted fun for everyone
- Armed Forces Day swing dance
- Ephrata Police caution on new smoking rules
- Pretzel Fest will feature 13 tasting stations
Deaths of local interest
Elton Horning, 82, formerly of Morgantown, passed away Saturday, Sept. 21, 2013 in hospice care at Lancaster Regional Hospital with his family at his side. Local survivors include his children: Rodney Horning husband of Janie (Reiff), New Holland; Marilyn Gehman, companion of Anthony (Howard), Reinholds and siblings: Eileen Byler of Akron and Philip M. Horning, husband of Melissa (Gill), New Holland.
Elverna L. Ulrich, 92, of Lititz, formerly of Narvon, went home to be with our Lord Wednesday, Sept. 18, 2013, surrounded by her loving family and the caring staff at Moravian Manor. Local survivors include sons: Charles W. III, married to Debra Ulrich of Ephrata; Robert A., married to Elaine Ulrich of Narvon and Donald L., married to Carol Ulrich of Denver and a daughter: Nancy, married to David R. Kaucher of Ephrata.