- Flamin’ Dick celebrates the golden years of rock-n-roll
- ‘The Odd Couple’ turns 50
- Library explores the FAQs around ‘Exploring Human Origins’ exhibit
- Eight-year-old boy creates Monkees video, gets nod from Micky Dolenz
- A belly full of laughter: EPAC presents ‘Monty Python’s Spamalot’
- Trolley’n for brews
- Pretzel Fest: twisted fun for everyone
- Armed Forces Day swing dance
- Ephrata Police caution on new smoking rules
- Pretzel Fest will feature 13 tasting stations
Deaths of local interest
Bobby L. Bell, 70, of Lancaster, died Thursday, Sept. 26, 2013 at home. He was the husband of Pauline (Kennedy) Bell of Gettysburg. Local survivors include his children: Barbara Ann Bell, Frank Eugene Bell, Steven Lee Bell and Paul Kennedy, all of Ephrata.
Judy A. Finefrock, 65, of Lancaster, passed away unexpectedly Monday, Sept. 30, 2013, at Harrisburg Hospital. Born in Lebanon, she was the daughter of the late Russell Weirich and Pearl McCurdy Csallner, who was the wife of Gerhard Csallner. Judy was married to Richard H. "Dick" Finefrock, Jr. for 44 years. Her sister, Wendy Sanderful, lives in Denver.
Sarah Jane "Jennie" Weaver, 90, of Garden Spot Village, New Holland, went home to be with her Lord and Savior Thursday, Oct. 3, 2013 following a brief illness. In her early years, she worked for the Bollman Hat Company and later at Meadow Brook Farmers Market. She and her husband also cleaned offices at Breathing Services in Ephrata for many years. Her son, Lynn G., married to Carol A. (Youndt) Weaver, lives in Ephrata.