- Flamin’ Dick celebrates the golden years of rock-n-roll
- ‘The Odd Couple’ turns 50
- Library explores the FAQs around ‘Exploring Human Origins’ exhibit
- Eight-year-old boy creates Monkees video, gets nod from Micky Dolenz
- A belly full of laughter: EPAC presents ‘Monty Python’s Spamalot’
- Trolley’n for brews
- Pretzel Fest: twisted fun for everyone
- Armed Forces Day swing dance
- Ephrata Police caution on new smoking rules
- Pretzel Fest will feature 13 tasting stations
Deaths of local interest
Rita Carlene (Higgins) Cunningham, 72, of Lancaster, was taken by the angels up to meet her Lord and Savior Jesus Christ Thursday, Oct. 18, 2012 at her home. She retired from Delmarva Millwork Corp. after 17 years of service, in 2004. Following her retirement, she worked part-time at College Corner CafÃ©, Lancaster. Her daughter, Melissa, wife of Kris Price, lives in Ephrata.
Elmer E. Blocher, 83, of Leola, passed away at home Wednesday, Oct. 17, 2012. He was a checker of blue prints at High Steel and an avid stamp collector. His son, Michael, husband of Kezia Blocher, lives in Denver.
Herman I. Stoltzfus, age 87, of Cochranville, passed away Tuesday, Oct. 16, 2012 at his home. He was a dairy farmer in the Cochranville area. His brother, Raymond, husband of Loretta Jane Lehman Stoltzfus, lives in Ephrata.
Lena G. King, age 86, formerly of Coatesville, passed away Monday, Oct. 15, 2012 at the Tel Hai Retirement Community of Honey Brook. Lena worked along with her late husband for 26 years in the food business, owning Kings Koffee Kitchen and Kings Kountry Kitchen of Downingtown. Her daughter, Brenda Colon, lives in Denver.