- Flamin’ Dick celebrates the golden years of rock-n-roll
- ‘The Odd Couple’ turns 50
- Library explores the FAQs around ‘Exploring Human Origins’ exhibit
- Eight-year-old boy creates Monkees video, gets nod from Micky Dolenz
- A belly full of laughter: EPAC presents ‘Monty Python’s Spamalot’
- Trolley’n for brews
- Pretzel Fest: twisted fun for everyone
- Armed Forces Day swing dance
- Ephrata Police caution on new smoking rules
- Pretzel Fest will feature 13 tasting stations
Deaths of Local Interest – April 23, 2014
Judith Zucker Clark, 81, of Rothsville, passed away April 13. Born in Royal Oak, Mich., Judith once worked as a park naturalist after earning her bachelors degree in biology from Cornell University. She loved her family and nature. Her daughter, Catherine Schnerr, lives in Denver.
Joseph E. Current, Sr., 84, formerly of Manheim Twp., passed away April 12, West Palm Beach, Fla. Joseph retired as a builder locally. He enjoyed boating, buying and selling cars, as well as taking cruises throughout the Caribbean. His son Joseph, husband of Debra Dommel, lives in Ephrata.
Anna M. Nixdorf, 83, of Lititz, died April 16. She had worked as LPN with the Oregon Nursing Home for over 17 years. She enjoyed gardening, collecting thimbles and loved the outdoors. Her son Raymond Hehnly (husband of Darlene) and a sister, Evelyn Landis (wife of Richard) reside in Ephrata. A sister, Pauline Firestone, lives in Akron. A sister, Betty Buchter, hails from Denver.
Howard C. “Skip” Tangert, age 75, of Salunga, died April 15 at the Rheems Nursing and Rehabilitation Center. He retired from Harley-Davidson, York, where he worked as a welder. He enjoyed collecting Matchbox cars. Skip loved to spend time with his pet dogs. His son, Michael Tangert (husband of Barbara) lives in Denver.
Edward C. Trafford, 62, of Manheim, died April 20 at Hospice and Community Care, Mount Joy. An avid Barons fan, Ed was a founding member of the Manheim Touchdown Club, served as treasurer for the Manheim Central Track & Field booster club, past president of the Manheim Chamber of Commerce, served as a member of the Manheim Borough zoning board. A daughter, Jeni wife of Kevin Neiles, lives in Ephrata.