- Flamin’ Dick celebrates the golden years of rock-n-roll
- ‘The Odd Couple’ turns 50
- Library explores the FAQs around ‘Exploring Human Origins’ exhibit
- Eight-year-old boy creates Monkees video, gets nod from Micky Dolenz
- A belly full of laughter: EPAC presents ‘Monty Python’s Spamalot’
- Trolley’n for brews
- Pretzel Fest: twisted fun for everyone
- Armed Forces Day swing dance
- Ephrata Police caution on new smoking rules
- Pretzel Fest will feature 13 tasting stations
Deaths of Local Interest – Aug. 13, 2014
Robert J. Alexander Sr., 81, of Marietta, passed away Aug. 4 at Hospice and Community Care Bob Fryer and Family Center. Bob proudly served his country in the United States Army during the Korean Conflict. He served as the Leacock Township Supervisor for 18 years. His daughter, Sue Mercer, wife of Matthew, resides in Terre Hill.
Thomas L. “Tom” Cope, 75, of Bethel, and formerly of Manheim, passed away unexpectedly at Thomas Jefferson University Hospital Aug. 9, after enjoying one final, wonderful family vacation to Bethany Beach, Del. Born in Ephrata, he was the former President and CEO of the John F. Cope Co. Inc. (Cope’s Corn), a company started by his great grandfather 104 years ago. He was a pilot for Pan American Airways in the 60s and 70s.
Isaac Shelly Ginder, 87, of Lititz, passed away Aug. 4 Hospice & Community Care, Mt. Joy. Isaac was a member of the Word of Life Mennonite Church, Lititz. He was a self-employed farmer, and had worked at New Holland Planing Mill and also in the maintenance department at Oregon Dairy. A daughter, Janet, wife of Gerald Weaver, lives in Ephrata.
Marian S. Yoder, 89, of Gap, passed away Aug. 8. In the past Marian baked bread for and worked at Stoltzfus Meat Market. Along with her late husband she volunteered at Cove Valley Christian Youth Camp of Mercersburg. She was an avid bird watcher and a member of the Audubon Society. Her sister, Anna Mary Stoltzfus, resides in Ephrata.