- Flamin’ Dick celebrates the golden years of rock-n-roll
- ‘The Odd Couple’ turns 50
- Library explores the FAQs around ‘Exploring Human Origins’ exhibit
- Eight-year-old boy creates Monkees video, gets nod from Micky Dolenz
- A belly full of laughter: EPAC presents ‘Monty Python’s Spamalot’
- Trolley’n for brews
- Pretzel Fest: twisted fun for everyone
- Armed Forces Day swing dance
- Ephrata Police caution on new smoking rules
- Pretzel Fest will feature 13 tasting stations
Deaths of local interest – February 26, 2014 Edition
Donald L. “Donnie” Nelson, 66, of Landisville, passed away Thursday, Feb. 20, 2014. Born in New Holland, he was the son of the late Clarence J. and Eloise (Dugan) Nelson. Donnie was the husband of Lisa (Rohrbach) Nelson. His brother, William Nelson, husband of Wendy, lives in Ephrata.
Lillian Elva (Honey) Schlimme, 80, of New Holland, died Monday, Feb. 17, 2014 at Brandywine Hospital. She was the wife of the late Fred R. Schlimme. Her daughter, Brenda Sandoe, wife of James Sandoe, lives in Akron.
Daniel B. Smucker, 81, of Gordonville, passed away Sunday, Feb. 23, 2014 after a brief illness. His son, Daniel Jr., married to Sadie King Smucker, lives in Ephrata.
Marvin R. Stoltzfus, 82, of Narvon, went to be with his Lord and Savior Tuesday, Feb. 18, 2014, at home under the care of Hospice & Community Care, Lancaster. He was the husband of Emily (Fretz) Stoltzfus, formerly of Lansdale, for 55 years. His sister, Nancy, wife of Raymond T. Good, lives in Akron.
Thomas E. Ziegler, 68, of Lancaster, died Tuesday, Feb. 18, 2014 at the Lancaster General Hospital surrounded by his family after a battle with melanoma cancer. Born in Lancaster, he was the son of the late Joseph C. and Dorothy Mattern Ziegler. His nephew, Michael Ziegler, lives in Ephrata.