- Flamin’ Dick celebrates the golden years of rock-n-roll
- ‘The Odd Couple’ turns 50
- Library explores the FAQs around ‘Exploring Human Origins’ exhibit
- Eight-year-old boy creates Monkees video, gets nod from Micky Dolenz
- A belly full of laughter: EPAC presents ‘Monty Python’s Spamalot’
- Trolley’n for brews
- Pretzel Fest: twisted fun for everyone
- Armed Forces Day swing dance
- Ephrata Police caution on new smoking rules
- Pretzel Fest will feature 13 tasting stations
Deaths of Local Interest – June 25, 2014
Harold H. Davis, 81, of Elizabethtown, died peacefully June 17 at Hospice and Community Care, Mount Joy. He was a truck driver for GCR Tires and Service, Mount Joy. Earlier in life, Harold was a self-employed home builder, building many houses in southern Lancaster County. His children: Frank, husband of Jennifer Davis, and Karen Brutey, both reside in Stevens.
David B. Flaud, 94, of Honey Brook, went home peacefully to be with Jesus in his sleep June 21. A retired self-employed carpenter, Mr. Flaud was a member of the Pequea Amish- Mennonite Church. His daughter-in-law, Mary Ann Flaud, resides in Denver.
Kerry N. Manion, 22, of East Earl, died June 18 as a result of a motor vehicle accident. Kerry was employed by McDonalds in New Holland. He had a keen interest in the Marines and enjoyed pets, especially cats. His brother, Tyler Manion, lives in Ephrata.
Edwin Moyer, 81, of Somerset, Ky., passed away June 17 at his residence. He was born in Lancaster. Edwin was a member of the Pisgah Presbyterian Church. He enjoyed fishing, hunting, woodworking, gardening and was an avid bird watcher. His son, Edwin G. Moyer III, daughter, Linda Cathy Lehman; and granddaughter, Jeanine, all reside in Terre Hill.
Jeffrey L. Pontz, 66, of Lancaster, passed away June 22 at home. He was a master carpenter, having worked for Wilson Construction, Benchmark Construction, and the School District of Lancaster for 10 years. He was a veteran of the US Army, serving during the Vietnam Conflict. His brother, Andrew (wife of Gail M.) Pontz, resides in Akron.