- Flamin’ Dick celebrates the golden years of rock-n-roll
- ‘The Odd Couple’ turns 50
- Library explores the FAQs around ‘Exploring Human Origins’ exhibit
- Eight-year-old boy creates Monkees video, gets nod from Micky Dolenz
- A belly full of laughter: EPAC presents ‘Monty Python’s Spamalot’
- Trolley’n for brews
- Pretzel Fest: twisted fun for everyone
- Armed Forces Day swing dance
- Ephrata Police caution on new smoking rules
- Pretzel Fest will feature 13 tasting stations
Deaths of Local Interest – May 14, 2014
Blane Eugene Hoover, 61, of Lancaster passed away May 9 after a lengthy illness. He worked at Occupational Development Center, Goodwill Industries and EARS in Ephrata. His family and friends enjoyed his big smile and his excellent memory of family birth dates and details, along with his wit.
Dean Lowry, 87, of Lititz, passed away Friday, May 2 at Temple Hospital, Philadelphia. He was a veteran of WWII who taught mathematics and science at Hempfield High School. He was a 60-year member of Zion Lutheran Church in Landisville. A son, John Patrick Lowry, lives in Denver.
Patricia A. Miller, 73, of Washington Boro, passed away peacefully May 10 at Hospice and Community Care, Mount Joy. She was married to Richard L. Miller on December 31, 1979. A daughter, Bonnie L. Phipps, lives in Ephrata.
Edwin G. Wanamaker, 75, of Lancaster, formerly of New Holland, died May 9 at Lancashire Hall, Lancaster after a brief illness. Edwin retired in 2003 as a truck driver for John S. Ewell Trucking with 3 million safe miles. He enjoyed hunting, fishing, going to the beach, and Sunday breakfast with his son. A step-daughter, Brandi Kurtz, resides in Ephrata.