- Flamin’ Dick celebrates the golden years of rock-n-roll
- ‘The Odd Couple’ turns 50
- Library explores the FAQs around ‘Exploring Human Origins’ exhibit
- Eight-year-old boy creates Monkees video, gets nod from Micky Dolenz
- A belly full of laughter: EPAC presents ‘Monty Python’s Spamalot’
- Trolley’n for brews
- Pretzel Fest: twisted fun for everyone
- Armed Forces Day swing dance
- Ephrata Police caution on new smoking rules
- Pretzel Fest will feature 13 tasting stations
Deaths of Local Interest – May 7, 2014
Anna M. Drumm, age 89, formerly of Lancaster and Nokomis, Fla., died Sunday, May 4, 2014 at Quarryville Presbyterian Retirement Community. For many years, Anna sold produce door to door in suburban Philadelphia. She then worked at the former Mari-Bob Restaurant in Bridgeport for 12 years, and lastly she drove school bus for Octorara School District from which she retired. She will be missed by everyone who knew her. Her son, Alfred E., married to Elaine M. Groff, resides in Denver.
Paul W. Leid, 85, of 905 Centerville Rd., New Holland died Friday, May 2, 2014 at his home. Paul was a retired farmer and a member of the Martindale Mennonite Church, Groffdale Conference. A daughter, Anna Mary, married to Isaac Z. Zimmerman, lives in Terre Hill. A daughter, Lydia Ann, married to Lewis H. Sauder, resides in Denver. Surviving in Ephrata are two sons: Mervin M., married to Alta Z. (Sensenig) Leid, and John
Jane (Colvin) Shertzer, 84, a homemaker, formerly of Millersville and Conestoga, died May 1 at the Mennonite Home, Lancaster after a long illness. She was the wife of Elmer D. Shertzer for nearly sixty-two years. Jane was a member of Grace Baptist Church of Millersville. Her brother, Donald W. Colvin, husband of Jane (Sauder), lives in Ephrata.
Peggy A. Trout, 66, of Manheim Township, passed away peacefully April 30 at Hospice and Community Care, Mount Joy. Peggy worked as a bartender/manager of Reflections Restaurant, Leola. Prior to that, she was a mixologist at the former Howard Johnson on Lincoln Highway East. Her daughter, Melissa, wife of Richard Russo, lives in Ephrata.