- Flamin’ Dick celebrates the golden years of rock-n-roll
- ‘The Odd Couple’ turns 50
- Library explores the FAQs around ‘Exploring Human Origins’ exhibit
- Eight-year-old boy creates Monkees video, gets nod from Micky Dolenz
- A belly full of laughter: EPAC presents ‘Monty Python’s Spamalot’
- Trolley’n for brews
- Pretzel Fest: twisted fun for everyone
- Armed Forces Day swing dance
- Ephrata Police caution on new smoking rules
- Pretzel Fest will feature 13 tasting stations
Dolores Sweigart, VFW manager
Dolores Faye (Hornberger) Sweigart, 58, of Reinholds, passed away at her residence Friday, Aug. 19, 2011.
Born in Ephrata, she was the daughter of the late Robert and E. Loraine (Wenrich) Hornberger and was the wife of Brad Sweigart.
Dolores had worked as the manager of the Reinholds VFW where she was also a member of the ladies auxiliary. She enjoyed doing yard work.
In addition to her husband, Dolores is survived by her daughter: Wendy Lee, wife of Stephen Boner, of Hebron, Ky.; three grandchildren: Dakota, Alexis and Braden; and two brothers: Dennis Hornberger, of Lebanon; and Daryl, husband of Dianne Hornberger, of Denver.
She was preceded in death by a sister: Diane Hoover.
Funeral services will be held at 10 a.m. on Aug. 25 at the Roseboro Stradling Funeral Home, 533 Walnut St., Denver, with the Rev. Dr. B.W. Hambrick officiating. Burial will take place in the Pleasant View Cemetery.
Memorial contributions in Dolores’s memory may be made to American Cancer Society, Lancaster County Unit, 314 Good Drive, Lancaster, PA 17603 or to Hospice of Lancaster County P.O. Box 4125 Lancaster, PA 17604.
Arrangements are being made by Roseboro Stradling Funeral & Cremation Services Inc., Denver. Online condolences can be given at roseborostradling.com.