- Flamin’ Dick celebrates the golden years of rock-n-roll
- ‘The Odd Couple’ turns 50
- Library explores the FAQs around ‘Exploring Human Origins’ exhibit
- Eight-year-old boy creates Monkees video, gets nod from Micky Dolenz
- A belly full of laughter: EPAC presents ‘Monty Python’s Spamalot’
- Trolley’n for brews
- Pretzel Fest: twisted fun for everyone
- Armed Forces Day swing dance
- Ephrata Police caution on new smoking rules
- Pretzel Fest will feature 13 tasting stations
Donald E. Zwally, 94, Akron, Armstrong retiree
Donald E. Zwally, 94, of Akron, passed away Sunday, Feb. 10, 2013.
He was born in Akron to the late Arlington and Lillie (Eichelberger) Zwally and was the husband of the late Cora A. Koch.
Donald was a member of Bethany United Church of Christ, Ephrata. He was a member of the Ephrata VFW Post 3376. Donald worked at Armstrong World Industries for 39 years before his retirement in 1982. He enjoyed watching TV game shows and in his earlier years he enjoyed antiquing.
Donald is survived by three sons: John A. Zwally of Mohnton; Robert E., husband of Beverly (Eshleman) Zwally of Akron; Raymond, husband of Dawn (Hollingsworth) Zwally of Myrtle Beach, S.C.; six grandchildren: Angela, John E., Lori, Malcolm and Johann Zwally, Briana Wysock; eight great grandchildren: Cameron, Brian, Courtney, Ashlyn, Bradyn, Lindsey and Morgan Zwally, Gabrielle Diegel, a sister-in-law: Pearl Kilhefner of Ephrata.
In addition to his wife and parents, he is preceded in death by a grandson, Robert C. Zwally and a brother, Ivan Snader.
Services will be private at the convenience of the family.
In lieu of flowers, contributions in Donald’s memory may be made to Hospice & Community Care, P O. Box 4125, Lancaster, PA 17604.
Arrangements by Stradling Funeral Homes, Inc., Akron/Ephrata. Online condolences can be given at stradlingfuneralhome.com.