- Flamin’ Dick celebrates the golden years of rock-n-roll
- ‘The Odd Couple’ turns 50
- Library explores the FAQs around ‘Exploring Human Origins’ exhibit
- Eight-year-old boy creates Monkees video, gets nod from Micky Dolenz
- A belly full of laughter: EPAC presents ‘Monty Python’s Spamalot’
- Trolley’n for brews
- Pretzel Fest: twisted fun for everyone
- Armed Forces Day swing dance
- Ephrata Police caution on new smoking rules
- Pretzel Fest will feature 13 tasting stations
Donald Walmer, 78, Korea vet, Weave Corp. employee
Donald H. Walmer, 78, of Stevens, passed away Monday Nov. 19, 2012, at the Ephrata Manor.
He was born in Lebanon to the late Oliver and Lilly (Brown) Walmer and was the husband of Thelma E. (Darkes) Walmer, with whom he would have been married 60 years on Jan. 1.
A veteran of the Korean War, Donald served from 1952 to 1954 in the U.S. Navy. After working for 40 years, he retired in 1998 from Weave Corp., Denver, where he worked as a knotter. He was well known for his sense of humor. An avid Eagles and Phillies fan, Donald liked fishing and hunting. He enjoyed listening to Bill Gaither gospel music. Spending time with his family and grandchildren was what he especially enjoyed.
In addition to his wife, he is survived by his two sons: Donald E., husband of Kim (Frantz) Walmer, Narvon, and Brian K., husband of Patti (Kauffman) Walmer, Ephrata; two daughters: Angie S., wife of Jeff Groff, Denver, and Wendy J., wife of Klint Auker, Denver; 12 grandchildren; 12 great-grandchildren; two sisters: Jeanette, wife of Lester Spangler, Jonestown and Catherine, wife of Abner Church, Frederickburg.
He was preceded in death by his son: Craig Walmer; and a brother: Kenneth Walmer.
Services were held Nov. 21 at Roseboro Stradling Funeral Home, Denver, with Pastor Joel Hainley officiating. He was interred at Indiantown Gap National Cemetery, Annville. Memorial contributions in Donald’s memory may be made to American Heart Association, 610 Community Way, Lancaster, PA 17603.
Online condolences can be given at: roseborostradling.com.
Arrangements by Roseboro Stradling Funeral & Cremation Services, Inc., Denver.