- Flamin’ Dick celebrates the golden years of rock-n-roll
- ‘The Odd Couple’ turns 50
- Library explores the FAQs around ‘Exploring Human Origins’ exhibit
- Eight-year-old boy creates Monkees video, gets nod from Micky Dolenz
- A belly full of laughter: EPAC presents ‘Monty Python’s Spamalot’
- Trolley’n for brews
- Pretzel Fest: twisted fun for everyone
- Armed Forces Day swing dance
- Ephrata Police caution on new smoking rules
- Pretzel Fest will feature 13 tasting stations
Dorathy Fry, 97, started Ephrata school libraries
Dorathy V. (Eberly) Fry, 97, of Ephrata, formerly of Hopeland, passed away Monday, May 21, 2012 at Fairmount Homes. Dorathy’s husband, the late Harold R. Fry, passed away in 1999.
Born in Clay Township, Dot was the daughter of the late William D. and Irene (Keller) Eberly.
For 51 years she was a teacher and librarian in the Ephrata School District. Dot established the Ephrata Elementary Library System and also taught for five years at John Beck School in Warwick Township. She was most recently employed as the librarian at Our Mother of Perpetual Help School in Ephrata.
Dot was also formerly active as a Girl Scout Leader in the Penn Laurel Council for 21 years and a Lancaster County 4H Leader for 40 years.
She was a member of Farm Women Society #3, the Lancaster Card Club and was featured on Blue Ridge Cable with the Pennsylvania Dutchman Allen G. Musser.
Dot is survived by a number of nieces and nephews.
In addition to her husband and parents, she was preceded in death by two sisters: Kathryn Eberly and Helen Taylor; and a brother: George W. Eberly.
Funeral services were held at the Wheat Ridge Chapel in Fairmount Homes, Ephrata, on May 25 with the Rev. John C. Miller officiating. Place of interment was Lincoln Cemetery, Ephrata.
To offer condolences, visit gravenorhomeforfunerals.com.