- Flamin’ Dick celebrates the golden years of rock-n-roll
- ‘The Odd Couple’ turns 50
- Library explores the FAQs around ‘Exploring Human Origins’ exhibit
- Eight-year-old boy creates Monkees video, gets nod from Micky Dolenz
- A belly full of laughter: EPAC presents ‘Monty Python’s Spamalot’
- Trolley’n for brews
- Pretzel Fest: twisted fun for everyone
- Armed Forces Day swing dance
- Ephrata Police caution on new smoking rules
- Pretzel Fest will feature 13 tasting stations
Doris Martin, 77, Zinn’s waitress, homemaker
Doris L. (Hiester) Martin, 77, of Berwick, passed away at the Berwick Retirement Village II Monday, Jan. 9, 2012. She passed peacefully with her family at her side.
She was born on Jan. 15, 1934, in Ephrata and was a 1951 graduate of Ephrata High School.
Although she worked as a waitress for five years at Zinn’s Diner in Ephrata, her most important role was that of homemaker. She was a loving wife and mother and loved her grandchildren and watched them often. She loved to have summer picnics around the pool with family and friends.
Doris was an avid reader and enjoyed her frequent trips to Florida.
She is survived by her husband: Donald E. Martin; her children: Donna Martin; Donald, husband of Melissa Martin, of Berwick; Dana, wife of Ted Vosburg, of Mifflinville; and David Martin, of Berwick; her grandchildren: Leah, Joshua and Daniel Martin; Ted and Aubrey Vosburg; and Christopher Martin; her sister: Lucy Becker, of Denver; and brothers: Carl "Butch," Donald and Charles "Buddy."
She was preceded in death by her brothers: Harold, Harry "Gene," Paul, Gerry and Glen.
In lieu of flowers, the family has requested donations be made to either the McBride Memorial Library or a charity of your choice.
Services were held on Jan. 12 with Pastor John Hill, Berwick Christian Church, officiating. Interment took place at the Pine Grove Cemetery, Berwick.
All arrangements were made by the Joseph Nardi Funeral Home, Berwick.