- Flamin’ Dick celebrates the golden years of rock-n-roll
- ‘The Odd Couple’ turns 50
- Library explores the FAQs around ‘Exploring Human Origins’ exhibit
- Eight-year-old boy creates Monkees video, gets nod from Micky Dolenz
- A belly full of laughter: EPAC presents ‘Monty Python’s Spamalot’
- Trolley’n for brews
- Pretzel Fest: twisted fun for everyone
- Armed Forces Day swing dance
- Ephrata Police caution on new smoking rules
- Pretzel Fest will feature 13 tasting stations
Doris Zimmerman, 79, Ephrata rural mail carrier
Doris A. Zimmerman, 79, of Ephrata, passed away Wednesday, Aug. 24, 2011 at her residence.
Born in Clay Township, she was the daughter of the late Henry and Ellen (Martin) Fox and was the wife of John R. Zimmerman. The couple celebrated their 59th wedding anniversary on June 14.
She was an active member of Indiantown Mennonite Church, Ephrata. Doris worked as a rural mail carrier for Ephrata Post Office from Nov. 1977 to July 1995.
In addition to her husband, Doris is survived by two daughters: Nancy, wife of Ray Buckwalter, of Ephrata; and Judy, wife of Steve Kauffman, of Manheim; a son: Ron, husband of Judy (Bucher) Zimmerman, of Lititz; grandchildren: Nathan, Rachel, Joel, Ryan, Brad, Mitchel, Tonya and Jake; seven great-grandchildren; six sisters: Vera, wife of Paul Good, of Manheim; Ellen, wife of Mahlon Eberly, of Denver; Sarah, wife of Walter Augusburger, of Reinholds; Ruth Fellabaum, of Ephrata; Marian, wife of James Gaffney, of Stevens; and Carol, wife of Charles Evans, of Ephrata; three brothers: Galen Fox, of Ephrata; John, husband of Kathy, of Halifax; and Daniel, husband of Diane, of Ephrata.
She was preceded in death by a sister: Violet.
A funeral service was held on Aug. 28 at Indiantown Mennonite Church, Ephrata, with Pastors Steve Martin, Delmar Weaver and Jay Weaver officiating. Interment took place in the Indiantown Mennonite Cemetery, Clay Township.
If desired, memorial contributions in Doris’s memory may be made to Gideon’s Lancaster North Camp, P.O. Box 638, Lititz, PA 17543 or Hospice of Lancaster County, P.O. Box 4125, Lancaster, PA 17604.
Arrangements were made by Stradling Funeral Homes Inc., Akron/Ephrata. Online condolences can be given at stradlingfuneralhome.com.