- Flamin’ Dick celebrates the golden years of rock-n-roll
- ‘The Odd Couple’ turns 50
- Library explores the FAQs around ‘Exploring Human Origins’ exhibit
- Eight-year-old boy creates Monkees video, gets nod from Micky Dolenz
- A belly full of laughter: EPAC presents ‘Monty Python’s Spamalot’
- Trolley’n for brews
- Pretzel Fest: twisted fun for everyone
- Armed Forces Day swing dance
- Ephrata Police caution on new smoking rules
- Pretzel Fest will feature 13 tasting stations
Dorothy Hicks, 94, Lancaster, E. Cocalico HS grad, homemaker and Phillies fan
Dorothy Hicks, 94, of Lancaster, passed away Thursday, Aug. 28, 2014 at her residence.
Born in Lincoln, she was the daughter of the late Charles and Mary Drybread Hoshower and devoted wife, for 60 years, of the late Robert Hicks, who died in 2002.
Dorothy was a graduate of the former East Cocalico High School. She was a homemaker and enjoyed cooking, flower gardening, sewing, the Phillies baseball team and her feline “Mickey.” Dorothy was a member since 1964 of Holy Trinity Church.
Surviving is a daughter: Charlene, wife of Robert Raush of Manheim.
A sister preceded Dorothy in death.
Relatives and friends are respectfully invited to attend Dorothy’s Life Celebration at the funeral home of Fred F. Groff, Inc., 234 W. Orange St., Lancaster, on Wednesday, Sept. 3 at 1 p.m. with Deacon Augustus G. Mauro officiating. Interment will be in Conestoga Memorial Park. Friends may call at Fred F. Groff, Inc. for a viewing 30 minutes prior to the service.
If desired, memorial contributions may be sent in Dorothy’s name to the Humane League Animal Shelter, 2195 Lincoln Highway East, Lancaster, PA 17602.
To share your fondest memories of Dorothy, visit lifecelebration.com. Arrangements by Fred F. Groff Funeral Home, Lancaster.